The Marksbury Family Foundation is seeking to collaborate with innovative, leading non-profit organizations that want to expand; whether it be through establishing a new program, new building space, or new geographical area. We are looking to be the lead donor on projects in which the overall budget falls between $1mm – $5mm.
Lead donor grant search is currently closed; all funding is currently committed.
We are also taking applications for projects that have an overall budget of less than $100,000 that provide growth and betterment opportunities for disadvantaged individuals or communities.
The following must apply in order to be considered:
- The non-profit must have a 501c3, 501a(1), or 501a(2) government issued status.
- The project should result in economic development and/or growth opportunities for individuals and/or communities.
- Outcomes and impact must have measurable results.
- Projects must be financially self-sustaining in the long-term.
- New projects must be located in Kentucky or the Charleston, SC area. The project’s parent organization does not need to be headquartered in KY or SC, only the new project.
What we do not fund:
- Operational expenses
- Capital campaign debts
- Religious or politically affiliated causes